Two obvious things a software tester asks after running a test suite are:
- Did all the tests pass?
- If a test failed, why?
But there may be other more important subtle questions:
- Are these tests critical to the functionality we want to release to production?
- How long did it take for the test suite to complete?
- Were the tests able to provide important feedback to the programmers, to the team?
- Is the test suite maintainable? Will it take me a lot of time to redesign the tests if something changed in the business rules?
- Am I confident enough that the tested app will deliver what is promised to the customers?
- Did I have fun testing the app?
- Ultimately, did our clients find what they were looking for?